Wednesday 6th January
9am - 9:10am - Arithmetic:
Answer the following questions:
A) 824 + 80
B) 5 x 9
C) 942 - 125
D) 35 divided by 5
Reasoning and Problem solving
Please complete after the zoom call - 11am - 11:30am
1:15pm - 1:45pm - Reading VIPERS
Look at the following picture:
Write down / tell someone around you what you can see. Look at the background and the foreground (front).
Answer the following questions based on the image above:
1. (Infer) What’s on the other side of the door?
2. (Retrieve) What is the girl holding in her hand? Why?
3. (Infer) How did she get to the forest?
4. (Predict) Will the girl go back through the door or stay in the forest? Predict what will happen next.
1:45pm - 2:45pm: Topic - History
This term our topic is the Romans. I know we covered some learning about the Romans last year and I want to know what you remember, so your first job is to create your own KWL Grid into your books/on plain paper. To create something like this:
1. Now complete the first section - K (What you know already). You can either write or draw what you already know.
2. Next - write down three questions you want to know about the Ancient Romans.
Some ideas: what did the Romans do for fun? Did they worship a god or many gods? What language did they speak?
3. Follow the PowerPoint below.
Topic PowerPoint - Roman Invasion
If you want to know more!