Good morning everyone. How are you all today? The code today for SPAG and reading on LBQ is:
Those in school today are doing PE, so today's English is a reading comprehension. I would like you to read this poem called Windrush Child, by a poet called John Agard:
Have a go at answering these questions about the poem:
- What do you think the poem is about?
- Which words or phrases tell you what the Windrush child left behind?
- What sort of place was it?
- Who will the child miss?
- Why is the child’s grandmother important to her/him?
- 'Windrush child' is repeated four times in the first four verses of the poem. Why do you think the poet chose to do this?
- Can you find another repetition or echo in the poem? Why do you think the poet chose to do this?
- Do you like the poem? Why/why not?
Have a look at today's Maths video from White Rose. See if you can answer the questions in your book, or on some paper - then mark them yourself.
Another session today from Be Awesome - Go Big. In Session 4, we looked at managing change and all the things that will be different when you go to secondary school. We looked at some ways of managing that change.
Today we are going to think about one of the biggest fears many people have about moving on to secondary school - getting lost.
Look at the slides on the PowerPoint and work your way through them. Then complete the activities in the workbook, thinking about growth mindset and the triangle of trust.