1. Read an extract from Harry Potter
- Read Broomstick Lesson. How do you think Harry was feeling? How is Madam Hooch described? How would you feel to be taught by her?
- Watch the film version of this scene. Do you notice anything that is different to the book? What is the same?
2. Order the events of the story
- Think about how you would feel at different parts of the Broomstick lesson.
- Complete How would you feel? Use some of the Emotion Vocabulary in your answers.
3. Now for some writing
- Write about taking part in a Broomstick Lesson. Describe what you do and how you feel, what happens to you and what happens to other people.
- Use Conjunctions List and include some sentences with conjunctions joining clauses together.
Try these Fun-Time Extras
- Can you design a broomstick? Make a labelled diagram to show its magical features.
- Can you make your own broomstick charm? Follow the instructions on this video: