1. Look closely at an illustration
- Look at New Characters. These are six possible new characters that could join Mario in a game.
- Label each character, writing about 3-5 things that you notice about them.
2. Remind yourself about word classes
- Use the Revision Card to remind yourself about word classes.
- Complete Character Sentences. Invent a name for each of the six new characters, fill in the grid for them and then write a sentence about them.
3. Now for some writing
- Make up a story about some of the new characters.
- Try to include adjectives and adverbs in your story.
Well done! Now read your story to a grown-up. Can you tell them the adjectives and adverbs that you have used? Can you ask them to spot any nouns or verbs that you have used?
Try these Fun-Time Extra
- Can you make a scene from your story? You could act it out with others or could use toys.
- Can you read your story to someone who isn’t in your house?
- Can you look in books to collect some really good nouns, adjectives, adverbs and verbs?