1. Read an extract from Harry Potter
- Read We Got Potter. Now watch the Sorting Hat scene again https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0cla_h_f8M
- Which is better at helping you know how Harry is feeling? Why? Why might someone say the opposite?
2. Use Clauses and Conjunctions
- Use the Revision Card to remind yourself about clauses and conjunctions.
- Complete Harry Potter Clauses. Challenge yourself to come up with two or even three versions of each sentence. You can use List of Conjunctions to help you.
Share your sentences with a grown-up. Show them the conjunctions that you have used and the clauses that you have added.
3. Illustrate your sentences
- Choose your three favourite sentences.
- Write them in your best handwriting and illustrate them carefully to make a set of Scenes from Harry Potter.
Try this Fun-Time Extra
- Can you find out more about the main characters in Harry Potter? Could you make a guide about them? You could start with this website: https://www.wizardingworld.com/features/web-harry-potter-whos-who-harry-ron-hermione-hp-at-home