1. Think about a picture
- Look at the picture: My Pet. What do you think has happened just before this picture was taken? What might happen next? What names would you give these dogs? Who might own them?
- Can you think of three reasons why people like to keep pets?
- Make notes about your answers or tell someone about them.
2. Read a poem
- Read the poem: My Dog. Read it two times, once in your head once out loud.
- Read and think about the Poetry Questions. Write some of your answers as clear sentences.
3. Read a poetry collection
- Read the poems in Animal Poetry Collection.
- Read at least three of the poems. Challenge yourself to read them all.
- Complete Poetry Notes and write about your favourite poem.
Well done. Share the poems with a grown-up. Do they have the same favourite as you?
Try these Fun-Time Extras
- Can you practise reading your favourite animal poem, then record it and share your recording with someone else?
Can you make an illustration for your favourite animal poem?