1. Read a profile
- Read Mario Profile. What questions does this profile answer? What other questions could be answered? Do you know any other information about this video-game character?
- Look at Colourful Writing. Can you work out what each of these colours means? Write a key to the colours on the table provided.
2. Remind yourself about word classes
- Use the PowerPoint teaching word classes. If this not possible, remind yourself using the Revision Card on the same subject.
- Read Profiles 1-3. Collect examples of different word classes from these profiles. Write them on the Word Class Grid.
- Challenge yourself to read Profiles 4-6 and to collect different words from here too.
Well done! Now show a grown-up the words that you have collected. You can check your answers at the end of the pack.
3. Write some sentences
- Write some sentences about a video-game that you know.
- When you have written them, highlight the different classes of words that you have used. Can you add any adjectives or adverbs to your writing?
Try this Fun-Time Extra
- Use the descriptions in the profiles to draw each of the characters.
- Add labels to your drawings to show the different things that you have included.