1. Read an extract from Harry Potter
- Read The Sorting Hat. Have you read or seen this part of the story before? How do you think you would feel if you were there in the Great Hall?
- Watch the film version of this scene. Which part of the scene do you think that the film does best?
2. Remind yourself about clauses and conjunctions
- Use the PowerPoint to hear the teaching on Clauses and Conjunctions or use the Revision Card remind yourself.
- Complete the Conjunctions Activity. You can use the List of Conjunctions to help you.
3. Write some sentences
- Watch the film clip of the Sorting Hat again.
- Now write some sentences about the scene. Use conjunctions in your sentences, using the List of Conjunctions.
Well done! Now show a grown-up your sentences. Show them the conjunctions that you have used and clauses that you have joined.
- Can you find out which house you belong to? Ask a grown-up to help you register and then use this Sorting Ceremony website: https://my.wizardingworld.com/sorting-hat/intro